Mr Xolile Nqata
Eastern Cape MEC for Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
Private Bag X0035
Security of the Ndamase chieftainship and the threat of the caretaker rule of Mrs Noluntu Ndamase
1. I request your urgent intervention in the matter of the chieftainship of the Ndamase family of the Qandu Administrative Area in Port St Johns (Ward 1). Mrs Noluntu Ndamase is acting in the name of her son Mthunzi Ndamase until such time as he is ready to lead his community.
2. Mrs Ndamase’s caretaker chieftainship is however under threat, seemingly with destructive influence and intimidation from your office as Mrs Ndamase was called by a certain Mr Dlulane on Friday last week to submit her resignation by today.
3. Her ordeal and some of the details of her frustrations are set out in a letter addressed to you, dated 13 December 2020.
4. An independent committee is needed to investigate allegations that there are person/s who are scheming to take away the chieftainship from the Ndamase family; possibly locally and within the department – or using the department – even going to the extent of threatening the family and Mrs Ndamase in particular.
5. I hope to receive a response from your office soonest to arrange a meeting with the affected parties to speedily resolve the matter.
Mr Bantu Holomisa, MP
President of the United Democratic Movement