The development of small businesses is accepted worldwide as the backbone of global economic growth while simultaneously creating jobs.
If given the mandate to govern, the UDM will:
- Introduce training programmes for aspirant and existing entrepreneurs to encourage people to start their own businesses and to improve the competitiveness of existing ones.
- Identify and remove obstacles that inhibit small business development.
- Ensure access to capital, for example via development banks, which assist sector specific entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate access to new markets for entrepreneurs to sell their services and/or products.
- Provide tax incentives for businesses to create jobs; specifically in labour intensive industries.
- Empower and create opportunities for unemployed graduates in beneficiation programmes.